For a household water heater that runs showers, kitchen or laundry, you must get one that guarantees an endless supply. Condensing storage heaters will never keep you on tenterhooks awaiting preheated water in the middle of your relaxing shower or hot tub immersion.
The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG Direct 9.8 GPM Indoor Condensing Vent Review spells out a whole house unit with high efficiency, easy installation and better capacity range. The gas-fired model renders 93% thermal efficiency and steady temperature without a buffer tank.
Even at the minimal low-pressure loss, it will bathe you in a delightful shower experience and a broad range of flow rates.
5 Major Features | Noritz NRC98-DV-NG Direct 9.8 GPM Indoor Condensing Vent Review
1. Gas-Fired Condensing Vent
Like other condensing tankless water heaters, the Noritz NRC98-DV-NG works with a draft-inducing fan that thrusts air and fuel into a nonporous combustion chamber.
As the fuel combusts, burning gas exits via a secondary heat exchanger-a coiled steel cylinder immersed inside a tank. The combustion chamber and heat exchanger pack a large surface area that optimizes heat conductivity to the water.
The heat exchanger made from commercial-grade copper has a thermal efficiency of 93% while cutting back carbon emissions and exhaust temperatures. It has minimal standby losses and integrates an electronic ignition, which means no standing point. The gas consumption ranges lie in the region of 16,000 BTUh to 180,000 BTUh
2. Direct Vent
The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG condenser permits you to mount the system in small spaces indoors while you do not grapple with combustion. The condenser offers more efficiency than a tankless unit when you want to replace an existing heater at ultra-low costs.
You can shift from a conventional unit to a condensing vent, without the lifestyle adjustments associated with tankless models. It’s compatible with low-cost plastic plumbing piping. You can use various types of pipes like PVC and CPVC, available at bottom-dollar rates instead of pricey stainless steel.
The pipes safely vent the system and save hundreds of bucks eaten up by the numerous accessories required for tankless water heaters.
3. High-Tech Digital Controls
For seamless functionality and efficiency, the Noritz NRC98-DV-NG integrates a self-diagnostic computerized system and digital remote for constant on-demand hot water temperature output.
The Quick-Connect cord allows you to band two identical units together and monitor with one controller system. Multiple heaters connected pump out higher hot water output. Intuitive temperature controls include a remote thermostat that can precisely modulate output temperature from 100°F to 140°F.
You can swap the temperature readings from °C to °F. The Temperature Lockout enhances efficiency by eliminating latent heat. Additional features for improved operation include High Elevation Adjustment, Condensate Overflow Monitoring System, and Service Reminder Function.
4. Safety Devices
The unit possesses some safety devices that keep its operation at full tilt. A flame sensor secures the fire for continuous heating without fading. It also features a factory-built Overheat Prevention Device with temperature-sensitive components for thermal protection.
If you use solar energy and have installed the unit at an elevated position on the roof, the Lightning Protection Device offsets damage from lightning strikes. A built-in Freeze Protection defends the Noritz NRC98-DV-NG from the most extreme conditions.
Free damage usually arises when water trapped in the unit turns into ice, expanding and denigrating the internal components. The Condensate Overflow Monitoring System detects and stops unsafe levels of condensation process.
5. Super-Energy-EfficientThe ENERGY STAR-rated Noritz NRC98-DV-NG composes a super efficient condensing model with environmental-friendly benefits. It has an impressive Energy Factor of 0.92 (Natural Gas) and 0.94 (Propane). The Energy Factor comes from computing the amount of thermal energy plus the water and dividing the total figure by the energy consumed to heat it. You do not need to crunch the numbers-it provides annual savings up to 40% in utility expenditure. It’s thermally efficient at 93% and fully condensing for firing with natural gas and propane. It has no standby loss as it heats water on-demand, you will not dissipate BTU with the burner off.
Why should you use Noritz NRC98-DV-NG Direct 9.8 GPM Indoor Condensing Vent?
Space-Saving & Durable Construction
The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG boasts ANSI Z21.10.3/CSA 4.3-certified design suitable for wall-mounting anywhere. It has a sturdy steel housing with Polyester coating while the heat exchanger has commercial-grade copper as well as 25% thicker pipes than mainstream models.
For outdoor, you don’t need venting, but indoor direct vent poses no obstacles. It works with different plastic flue adapters compatible with 3” and 4” Schedule 40 or 80 PVC/CPVC pipe. You can transform it into a non-direct vent model using a Conventional Kit.
Reliable Hot Water Output
The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG has a Stable Temperature Control; you will not need a buffer tank to strike a balance. It has no standby heat loss making it energy efficient. Low-Pressure Loss functionality offers an improved user experience across various household applications.
Multiple Residential Applications
With a maximum of 180,000 BTU/Hour, the unit can meet the domestic demands of Northern households with two bathrooms or Southern homes with three. You can count on its capacity range flow rates of 0.5 GPM to 9.8 GPM, which makes it the most energy efficient and greenest model in its class.
Condensing models render 90% + efficiency and more straightforward to retrofit compared to tankless units. The heat exchanger facilitates the thermal energy of 93% with excellent heat conductivity. The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG heats water in a trice while you can get output at extremely shallow flow rates.
• Ultra-Efficient with Thermal Efficiency of 93% and Energy Factor 0.92 Natural Gas/0.94 Propane
• High flow rate for small to medium households from below 1 GPM to 9.8 GPM
• Installation flexibility with PVC and CPVC piping, low-cost zero clearance plastic pipes enable longer vent stretches up to 62 ft lengthwise
• Stable Temperature Control and Low-Pressure Loss
• Loads of safety devices including Freeze Protection and Flame Sensor
• Commercial-grade, sturdy copper heat exchanger
• Compact design snugly allows wall-mounting indoors or outdoors
• Additional venting options
the negative things
• Difficult to install as a DIY, you will have to engage a technician well-versed with venting condensers.
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this unit come with a digital control interface?
2. Does the Noritz NRC98-DV-NG run quietly than fans?
3. Does it include an internal re-circulating pump?
4. Does it consume electricity to fire up?
Yes, you’ll need a 120V outlet proximate to the unit.
5. Can you use PVC for venting?
The Noritz NRC98-DV-NG Direct 9.8 GPM Indoor Condensing Vent Review dispels the myth that tankless water heaters rank at the top of the tree always. Undoubtedly, tankless heaters have commanded media attention become more familiar with the populous.
Recently, plumbers have started to recommend condensing vents for replacement due to their high efficiency and low installation costs with PVC. You can switch from a conventional unit to a condensing model without breaking the bank. If you install the Noritz NRC98-DV-NG, you will cough up less for gas bills and never run out of hot water occasionally.
It provides improved thermal efficiency and energy savings of up to 40% while generating hot water in the endless gush.